So you hunted the perfect game and now you’re wondering how to prepare it into the perfect steak. We’ve got you covered.
As meat-eating fanatics, we have learned a recipe or two that will take your meals up a notch.
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (NOT dried mustard)
- 1 tablespoon Tapitio (use more/less depending on heat desired)
- 1 tablespoon Pappy’s seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 pounds venison loin or leg, cut into 6 steaks
After cutting meat into steak slices, lay the meat onto a prepared plate or cutting board.
Squirt a generous amount of yellow mustard onto each steak, and then pour a little bit of Tapatio onto the steak. Remember, Tapatio can have some heat; a little may go a long way for you!
Next, flip meat over and repeat with mustard and Tapatio. Top with crushed garlic, Pappy’s, and salt and pepper.
Put steak onto hot bbq grill for desired wellness. (We like ours medium.)