The weather outside may be frightful, but our annual Top Presents list is so delightful! This year was rife with tons of amazing hunting gear, which made narrowing our list down both fun and difficult, but narrow it down we did. So, if you’re still searching for that perfect present for the hunter or huntress in your life, check out our top picks below to help make sure your aim is true this holiday season!
1. The Pro-Tracker, Ultimate Tracking and Recovery System. Our patented, innovative tracking and recovery system is a must this season for any bowhunter. Not only does our system aid you in tracking your animal if your shot goes awry, the trail runs cold, or the weather turns, but it does so without negatively impacting your shot. Our system boasts an aerodynamic design that allows for the weight of the transmitter to be carried through the shaft to ensure your aim stays true, add to that a 12 hour battery life after your shot, a range of up to 2 miles, rechargeable batteries, and a water resistant transmitter in up to 12 inches and you’ve got a system that will help your hunter or huntress have successful hunts for years to come! Pro-Tracker, Ultimate Recovery System, $499.99 and up.
2. SAS Archery Multi-Wrench Tool. We picked this little guy up at the start of the year and it quickly became a staple in our hunting gear. Not only is this small and compact, but it works amazingly well either at home or in the field for those last minute adjustments. Plus, with a price so low you really can’t go wrong with it as a thoughtful but inexpensive gift, or a great stocking stuffer. Amazon, $6.99.
3. The On-X Hunt Map. We know, an app on a Christmas list seems really odd, but this is no ordinary app. This recently updated app gives your hunter an amazing amount of information. Not only does it give a great topographical map for their preferred hunting are, it documents up-to-date landowner data to help them make sure they don’t stumble from BLM land onto private land. Plus, you can also purchase a package that includes trophy animal stats from other hunters for each area in all 50 states. onXMaps.com, $29.99-99.99
4. Rhinehart Rhinoblock Target. There are tons of block targets out there that are great. In fact, we had a few runners up (Like the Morell Double Duty or the Block Targets Block 6×6), but this guy was the winner. This block is a bit pricey, but with how easy arrow removal is in addition to how resilient this target is we declared it the winner. We used the heck out of ours this season, and it still looks barely used. This one is a great investment and we definitely recommend it as a Christmas gift! Amazon, $169.97
5. Outdoor Edge Game Processor Kit. Every hunter needs a great set of knives in order to field dress their animals, and this one gives you a quality at a great price. Since it comes in a nice, sturdy case, you can toss it in your vehicle or strap it to your pack without worrying about damage. We do recommend hand-washing though, so make sure to keep that in mind when you purchase this kit. Amazon, $55.42.
That’s our list for this year, we hope you guys like it! We also wanted to take a minute to wish each and every one of you a Happy Holiday Season. May the upcoming year bring you great joy, great laughter, and some great game!
The Pro-Tracker® Transmitter is a rechargeable, lightweight, water resistant transmitter that disengages from the arrow upon impact; allowing for pass-throughs. The transmitter hooks into the animal’s hide and begins sending Radio Frequency (RF) signals every three seconds for the duration of the battery life (10-12 hours). You will need the Pro-Tracker® Receiver to read and track the signal.
The Carrier is what screws into your arrow and holds the transmitter. It is aerodynamically designed to compensate for the weight and shape of the transmitter. Meaning minimal adjustments to your equipment for the same precision. Our Aluminum Carriers are made from a 7075 aluminum alloy which is typically used in aerospace programs. It is the strongest aluminum alloy in the market and made to resist high velocity impacts.
The Pro-Tracker® Radio Frequency (RF) Receiver is a compact system with an easy to attach antenna. This state of the art receiver can track up to 6 different transmitter signals at the same time. Displaying signal strength, transmitter number, current time, time spent tracking, and current battery life, all on an easy to read LED screen. Available only in the Pro-Tracker® System
The Pro-Tracker® Custom Carrying Case helps you keep track of your Pro-Tracker system and ensures everything stays together. Its lightweight and durable design ensures your equipment is protected while being as easy as possible to carry during your hunting trip and recovering your trophy.
This dual-charging station allows you to charge up to two transmitters at a time. It includes both a USB and outlet adapter. The outlet adapter allows you to charge your transmitters at home while the USB adapters allow you to charge your transmiters in your truck for extended hunting trips.
The patented Pro-Tracker® Recovery System will help you locate your trophy with durable state-of-the-art technology.
The compact receiver can track up to 6 different transmitters at once. Displaying signal strength, transmitter number, current time, time spent tracking, and current battery life, all on a easy to read backlit LED screen. By watching the receiver you can even determine if the animal is moving or is stationary.
Once activated upon impact with the target the transmitters have a 12 hour battery life. They are also waterproof and rechargeable so they can be reused over and over again. They come with a charging station that can be plugged into wall outlets or vehicle USB ports for extended hunting trips.
The Pro-Tracker® System has been field tested by top experts in the archery industry. With the Pro-Tracker® System you’ll see virtually no difference in the trajectory of your arrow because of the aerodynamic and lightweight design of the carriers and transmitters.
Tests have even shown the system does not impact the level of penetration the arrow has. The Pro-Tracker® System has the durability and precision to recover your trophy.
Not only does the Pro-Tracker® system not interfere with ethical shots, but numerous wounded loss studies have shown just how much it is needed in bowhunting. According to one study done by the Oklahoma Fish and Wildlife Agency, 50% of deer that were shot were never recovered.
There are many reasons why it could become nearly impossible to recover an animal. Sometimes game only bleed internally and don’t leave a blood trail, or flee into impossible terrain. Sometimes the weather takes a sudden turn.
Whatever the reason, the Pro-Tracker® System is designed to overcome these obstacles and recover the animal without detracting from the method in which you choose to hunt. Whether in a tree stand, ground blind, or stalking your favorite game, the Pro-Tracker® System is the one sure method for the ethical recovery of all wounded game.
Q. Is the Pro-Tracker® Legal in my State?
A. ‡ Indicates states where we believe based on our reading of the State regulations the use of the Pro-Tracker System are prohibited. In no way is this considered to be a legal opinion.
‡ Alaska: No
Arizona: Use at your own discretion (unlawful to use electronic night vision equipment, electronically enhanced light-gathering devices, thermal imaging devices or laser sights; except for devices such as laser range finders, scopes with self illuminating reticles, and fiber optic sights with self-illuminating sights or pins that do not project a visible light onto an animal. I is unlawful to use tracking devices to aid in the taking of wild game).
‡ Arkansas: No (It is unlawful to use electronic tracking devices to locate wildlife or computer assisted hunting equipment)
California: Use at own discretion (has several municipalities, most of which have their own additions or addendums in regards to legal hunting equipment)
Colorado: Use at own discretion (Colorado does have specific restrictions in regards to battery operated equipment on bows and arrows. Tracking devices, specifically, are not mentioned in the regulatory manual).
Georgia: Use at own discretion (it is unlawful to kill or cripple game without reasonable efforts to retrieve. Unlawful to use electronic communications equipment to aid in the pursuit of game).
‡ Idaho: No (cannot take big game with aid of radio telemetry)
Illinois: No (electronic devices, including but not limited to those that use radio telemetry, are not permitted)
Iowa: Use at your own discretion (it is unlawful to use dogs, domestic animals, bait, radios, handguns, rifles and crossbows , automobiles, aircraft, electronic calls or any mechanical conveyance or device to hunt deer. You cannot use a two-way mobile radio transmitter to communicate the location or direction of game or furbearing animals, or to coordinate the movement of other hunters).
‡ Kentucky: No
‡ Minnesota: Yes
‡ Montana: No (electronic or battery-powered devices attached to a hunting bow. – A bow sight or arrow which uses artificial light, luminous chemicals such as tritium, or electronics).
Nevada: No (it is unlawful to hunt any wildlife with an arrow that has any chemical, explosive, or electronic devices attached).
New Hampshire: Yes
New Jersey: Yes
New Mexico: Yes
‡ New York: Yes
‡ North Carolina: Yes
‡ North Dakota: Use at your own discretion (Telescopic sights, range finding devices, battery- powered or electronically lighted sights or other electronic devices attached to the bow, or the arrow, are not permitted (exception: lighted nocks and recording devices which do not aid in range finding, sighting or shooting the bow are permitted). Handheld range finding devices are legal).
‡ Oregon: No (electronic devices may not be attached to bow or arrow).
South Carolina: Yes
‡ South Dakota: Yes
‡ Washington: No (It is unlawful to have any electrical equipment or electric device(s), except for illuminated nocks, attached to the bow or arrow while hunting).
West Virginia: Yes
*Disclaimer: This research was obtained by the staff of Pro-Tracker and is not to be considered a legal representation as to law. When using the Pro-Tracker system the user must assume any responsibility as to the State regulations that they are in. This is only a guide.